how to: simple bow tie

 


You're going to love how simple it is to make this bow tie. I designed it to dress-up my runabout toy bear because how dapper are bears in bow ties! But I couldn't stop at just one...



This is a great project to use up those scraps of fabric you've got stashed away. Imagine a classic plaid or gingham or tweed - so many possibilities! In the interest of safety, I didn't want to use a pin to attach a bow tie to a child's toy (ouchy!) so I've elected to sew it in place with a few discrete hand stitches. Of course you could adapt the pattern, attach a clip or bobby pin for sweet hair accessories or a brooch back for grown-ups quick and easy use.

Let me know how you go. I'd love to see your bow ties!

How to:














As it turns out, bears aren't the only ones who look dapper in bow ties! 

If you're feeling crafty, check out these runabout toy patterns . I help you each step of the way, with my photo-illustrated tutorial and instructional videos. They're so much fun and make great gifts!


Stick toys by Calamity Bolt

Stick toys by Calamity Bolt



No comments